<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									360 Video Editing - Action Video Lab Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/</link>
            <description>Action Video Lab Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 02:44:04 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>InstaFrame or full 360 capture when you need both 16:9 and 9:16?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/instaframe-or-full-360-capture-when-you-need-both-169-and-916/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 14 Aug 2026 18:05:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[The Insta360 X5 can produce a ready-to-use flat view with InstaFrame, but I usually need two deliverables from the same ride: a 16:9 YouTube edit and several 9:16 shorts.

When is it smarter...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[The Insta360 X5 can produce a ready-to-use flat view with InstaFrame, but I usually need two deliverables from the same ride: a 16:9 YouTube edit and several 9:16 shorts.

When is it smarter to use InstaFrame, and when should I keep full 360 capture and reframe everything later? I like fast turnaround, but I do not want the automatic framing to limit the vertical version.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/">360 Video Editing</category>                        <dc:creator>Creator Desk</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/instaframe-or-full-360-capture-when-you-need-both-169-and-916/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>360 Video Editing: Capture, Reframe, Proxy and Export Workflow</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/360-video-editing-capture-reframe-proxy-and-export-workflow/</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 11 Aug 2026 15:12:55 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[360 cameras change where framing decisions happen. With a conventional action camera, you choose direction during capture. With 360 footage, you can delay much of that decision until editing...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>360 cameras change where framing decisions happen. With a conventional action camera, you choose direction during capture. With 360 footage, you can delay much of that decision until editing — but the flexibility creates a heavier post-production workflow.</p>

<h3>1. Capture with reframing in mind</h3>
<p>Even though the final view can move anywhere, capture still matters. Keep the camera position stable, avoid unnecessary rotation, protect important subjects from stitch boundaries when possible, and remember that distance to the camera strongly affects how natural the final perspective feels.</p>

<h3>2. Avoid an early irreversible render</h3>
<p>If your editor can work with the 360 source directly, keep the virtual camera editable through the rough cut. An early 360-to-2D intermediate can simplify performance, but it also locks framing decisions and makes later revisions expensive.</p>

<h3>3. Use proxies when decoding is the real bottleneck</h3>
<p>High-resolution 360 footage can stress a laptop before you add a single effect. A proxy workflow lets you keep the original source for final quality while editing against lighter media. Confirm that the project conforms back to the original correctly before committing a long project.</p>

<h3>4. Treat reframing like real camerawork</h3>
<p>The fact that you can move the virtual camera constantly does not mean you should. Hold compositions long enough to read, follow meaningful action, and use view changes to reveal information or solve a framing problem. Excessive correction makes 360 footage feel restless.</p>

<h3>5. Choose the final aspect ratio early enough</h3>
<p>A 360 source can feed 16:9, vertical and square outputs, but each format has different safe areas. If you know you need several deliverables, protect the subject for all of them and consider separate reframing passes instead of one compromise composition.</p>

<h3>6. Stabilization and horizon</h3>
<p>Stabilization is one of the major advantages of modern 360 capture, but verify how your specific camera workflow interprets horizon lock and orientation metadata. A generic conversion can change or remove information that the vendor or editor uses for stabilization.</p>

<h3>7. Export testing</h3>
<p>Do not judge an online 360 upload before the platform finishes its highest-quality processing. For 360 delivery, resolution is distributed across the sphere, so export quality and bitrate deserve short controlled tests rather than assumptions based only on a normal flat-video preset.</p>

<h3>Direct editing vs intermediate workflow</h3>
<p>Action Video Lab will compare both approaches. Direct editing maximizes revision flexibility and reduces handoffs. Intermediate rendering can improve compatibility and performance. The best choice depends on hardware, editor support, camera format and how often you expect to change the virtual camera after the rough cut.</p>

<p>When asking for help in this section, include the camera model, native source format, editor, whether the footage was converted first, target output (360 or reframed 2D), resolution and the exact step where the problem appears.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/">360 Video Editing</category>                        <dc:creator>AVL Editor</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/360-video-editing-capture-reframe-proxy-and-export-workflow/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>GoPro Player first or reframe inside the editor for a 360 project?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/gopro-player-first-or-reframe-inside-the-editor-for-a-360-project/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 08 Aug 2026 08:15:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[For a 360 project I am torn between two workflows: reframe every shot first in GoPro Player and export flat clips, or keep the 360 source and do the virtual-camera work later in the main edi...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[For a 360 project I am torn between two workflows: reframe every shot first in GoPro Player and export flat clips, or keep the 360 source and do the virtual-camera work later in the main editor.

The first option feels simpler, but I am worried I will lock the framing too early. The final project needs both a normal widescreen version and several vertical clips.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/">360 Video Editing</category>                        <dc:creator>360 Frame</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/gopro-player-first-or-reframe-inside-the-editor-for-a-360-project/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>360-to-2D reframing: export once or keep changing the view in the editor?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/360-to-2d-reframing-export-once-or-keep-changing-the-view-in-the-editor/</link>
                        <pubDate>Wed, 05 Aug 2026 17:49:04 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[For travel videos I may change the virtual camera direction several times after the rough cut. Exporting a reframed intermediate too early makes revisions slow.

Is keeping the 360 source li...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[For travel videos I may change the virtual camera direction several times after the rough cut. Exporting a reframed intermediate too early makes revisions slow.

Is keeping the 360 source live in the project worth the extra processing load?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/">360 Video Editing</category>                        <dc:creator>360 Frame</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/360-to-2d-reframing-export-once-or-keep-changing-the-view-in-the-editor/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>8K 360 export for YouTube: is a very high bitrate always worth it?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/8k-360-export-for-youtube-is-a-very-high-bitrate-always-worth-it/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 02 Aug 2026 17:30:58 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[360 footage spreads resolution over the entire sphere, so I am tempted to export at an enormous bitrate before upload.

At what point does a larger file stop producing a visible improvement ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[360 footage spreads resolution over the entire sphere, so I am tempted to export at an enormous bitrate before upload.

At what point does a larger file stop producing a visible improvement after platform recompression?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/">360 Video Editing</category>                        <dc:creator>360 Frame</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/8k-360-export-for-youtube-is-a-very-high-bitrate-always-worth-it/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Best workflow to turn one 360 action-camera clip into both 16:9 and vertical 9:16 videos</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/best-workflow-to-turn-one-360-action-camera-clip-into-both-169-and-vertical-916-videos/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 02 Aug 2026 09:33:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[One reason I bought a 360 action camera was the idea of “shoot once, frame later.” I want to make a normal 16:9 YouTube edit and then a vertical 9:16 short from the same ride.

Is it better ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[One reason I bought a 360 action camera was the idea of “shoot once, frame later.” I want to make a normal 16:9 YouTube edit and then a vertical 9:16 short from the same ride.

Is it better to finish the 16:9 video and crop that to vertical, or go back to the 360 masters and create a separate vertical reframe?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/">360 Video Editing</category>                        <dc:creator>360 Frame</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/best-workflow-to-turn-one-360-action-camera-clip-into-both-169-and-vertical-916-videos/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>GoPro MAX workflow: reframe first, or edit the 360 video first?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/gopro-max-workflow-reframe-first-or-edit-the-360-video-first/</link>
                        <pubDate>Wed, 01 Jul 2026 18:05:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I am new to GoPro MAX and I am confused about the order of operations. My end result is a normal 16:9 travel video, not an interactive 360 upload.

Should I pick all the camera angles in GoP...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I am new to GoPro MAX and I am confused about the order of operations. My end result is a normal 16:9 travel video, not an interactive 360 upload.

Should I pick all the camera angles in GoPro Player first and export flat clips, or should I edit the entire 360 recording first and reframe near the end? I want to avoid rendering the same footage three times.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/">360 Video Editing</category>                        <dc:creator>360 Frame</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/360-video-editing/gopro-max-workflow-reframe-first-or-edit-the-360-video-first/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		