<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Action Video Lab Forum - Recent Posts				            </title>
            <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/</link>
            <description>Action Video Lab Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 02:43:44 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>connect my GoPro 13 to PC ASAP</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/connect-my-gopro-13-to-pc-asap/#post-667</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 25 Aug 2026 13:17:55 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;m trying to connect my GoPro 13 to my computer via a USB cable, but the computer can&#039;t see the file system with the camera&#039;s video folders. What&#039;s wrong? Maybe I need to enable a certain m...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I'm trying to connect my GoPro 13 to my computer via a USB cable, but the computer can't see the file system with the camera's video folders. What's wrong? Maybe I need to enable a certain mode on the camera?</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>nikkk87</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/connect-my-gopro-13-to-pc-asap/#post-667</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: What is the cleanest Windows workflow for difficult MP4: decode, proxy, grade, export?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/vsdc-video-editor/what-is-the-cleanest-windows-workflow-for-difficult-mp4-decode-proxy-grade-export/#post-665</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 13:30:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[That is a much better troubleshooting tree than &#039;MP4 does not work, convert to H.264.&#039; It also makes editor comparisons fair because the same source problem is isolated before judging the ap...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[That is a much better troubleshooting tree than 'MP4 does not work, convert to H.264.' It also makes editor comparisons fair because the same source problem is isolated before judging the application.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>RenderLab</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/vsdc-video-editor/what-is-the-cleanest-windows-workflow-for-difficult-mp4-decode-proxy-grade-export/#post-665</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: What H.264 bitrate makes sense for 4K MP4 without creating monster files?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/what-h-264-bitrate-makes-sense-for-4k-mp4-without-creating-monster-files/#post-538</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 11:51:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I need H.264 for client-device compatibility, but I can still tune bitrate instead of automatically choosing the largest preset.]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I need H.264 for client-device compatibility, but I can still tune bitrate instead of automatically choosing the largest preset.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Alex R.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/what-h-264-bitrate-makes-sense-for-4k-mp4-without-creating-monster-files/#post-538</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: For YouTube export, should I use H.264 or H.265/HEVC?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/for-youtube-export-should-i-use-h-264-or-h-265-hevc/#post-433</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 08:20:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[For most conventional SDR uploads, H.264 is still a very practical default because it combines good quality with very broad compatibility. HEVC becomes attractive when you have a specific re...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[For most conventional SDR uploads, H.264 is still a very practical default because it combines good quality with very broad compatibility. HEVC becomes attractive when you have a specific reason — smaller upload master, higher compression efficiency, 10-bit/HDR workflow, or a controlled playback environment.

In VSDC, the export decision should come after the editing workflow, not before it. Keep the camera originals, edit with hardware decoding/proxies if needed, then choose the output codec based on the destination. The fact that the source is HEVC does not force the final export to be HEVC, and an H.264 source does not prevent you from producing another supported delivery codec.

Our summary table in <a href="/h264-vs-h265-hevc/">H.264 vs H.265/HEVC</a> is meant for exactly this decision: compatibility favors H.264; compression efficiency favors HEVC.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>AVL Editor</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/for-youtube-export-should-i-use-h-264-or-h-265-hevc/#post-433</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: For YouTube export, should I use H.264 or H.265/HEVC?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/for-youtube-export-should-i-use-h-264-or-h-265-hevc/#post-432</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 07:47:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[For HDR/10-bit work, check the whole delivery chain rather than only H.264 versus H.265.

The source color space, transfer function, metadata and bit depth need to match what you intend to u...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[For HDR/10-bit work, check the whole delivery chain rather than only H.264 versus H.265.

The source color space, transfer function, metadata and bit depth need to match what you intend to upload. An HEVC file can be technically efficient but still look wrong if HDR footage is tagged or transformed incorrectly. Conversely, an SDR H.264 file can look excellent if the tone mapping and grading were handled properly.

Before a long upload, render a short representative section that includes highlights, shadows, gradients and fast motion. Play it locally, inspect the file information, and upload it privately/unlisted if the platform supports that workflow. Confirm the processed result before committing hours to the full export.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>ColorLab</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/for-youtube-export-should-i-use-h-264-or-h-265-hevc/#post-432</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: For YouTube export, should I use H.264 or H.265/HEVC?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/for-youtube-export-should-i-use-h-264-or-h-265-hevc/#post-431</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 07:18:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I would also distinguish “upload master” from “file I send directly to people.”

For a platform upload, you can use a format the service accepts and let it create its delivery versions. For ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I would also distinguish “upload master” from “file I send directly to people.”

For a platform upload, you can use a format the service accepts and let it create its delivery versions. For a downloadable file that needs to play on unknown TVs, phones and office PCs, compatibility becomes much more important and H.264 is usually the lower-risk option.

If your internet connection is slow, HEVC can reduce the time spent uploading a high-quality master, but encoding it may take longer. So total turnaround is a combination of encode time + upload time + processing time, not just file size.

That is a good example of why the best codec depends on the bottleneck you actually have.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Edit Workflow</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/for-youtube-export-should-i-use-h-264-or-h-265-hevc/#post-431</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: For YouTube export, should I use H.264 or H.265/HEVC?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/for-youtube-export-should-i-use-h-264-or-h-265-hevc/#post-430</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 06:49:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[The first question is whether the destination accepts the codec/profile you plan to send. Once the platform is going to transcode the upload, your goal is to give it a clean source with enou...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[The first question is whether the destination accepts the codec/profile you plan to send. Once the platform is going to transcode the upload, your goal is to give it a clean source with enough quality rather than trying to predict the exact codec viewers will receive.

H.264 remains an excellent upload format because it is broadly supported and easy to decode. HEVC can be useful when upload bandwidth or local storage matters and the platform accepts your file reliably, because you may reach a similar quality target at a lower bitrate.

But do not reduce bitrate too aggressively just because HEVC is more efficient. The platform will compress the video again. Starting with visible blocking, smearing or banding gives the next encoder less clean information to work with.

For either codec, a high-quality source encode is more important than winning a tiny file-size contest before upload.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>CodecLab</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/for-youtube-export-should-i-use-h-264-or-h-265-hevc/#post-430</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>For YouTube export, should I use H.264 or H.265/HEVC?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/for-youtube-export-should-i-use-h-264-or-h-265-hevc/#post-429</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 06:15:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[If YouTube is going to transcode my upload anyway, does it matter whether I upload H.264 or H.265?

I want good quality without making uploads unnecessarily huge. Is HEVC worth using just to...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[If YouTube is going to transcode my upload anyway, does it matter whether I upload H.264 or H.265?

I want good quality without making uploads unnecessarily huge. Is HEVC worth using just to reduce the upload file size, or is H.264 still the safer export format?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>CodecLab</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/for-youtube-export-should-i-use-h-264-or-h-265-hevc/#post-429</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: 4K MP4: proxies or full transcode before editing?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/editing-questions/4k-mp4-proxies-or-full-transcode-before-editing/#post-488</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 17 Aug 2026 14:58:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I prefer that route if relinking is automatic. I will test one clip from import through final render, then scale the proxy job only if the conform is correct.]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I prefer that route if relinking is automatic. I will test one clip from import through final render, then scale the proxy job only if the conform is correct.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Alex R.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/editing-questions/4k-mp4-proxies-or-full-transcode-before-editing/#post-488</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: What do I-frames, P-frames, B-frames and GOP length change in real editing?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/what-do-i-frames-p-frames-b-frames-and-gop-length-change-in-real-editing/#post-428</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 17 Aug 2026 14:46:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[The simplest mental model is: playback asks “what comes next?”, editing often asks “show me this exact frame right now.”

That is why the H.264 deep dive describes I/P/B frames in the contex...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[The simplest mental model is: playback asks “what comes next?”, editing often asks “show me this exact frame right now.”

That is why the H.264 deep dive describes I/P/B frames in the context of timeline responsiveness: <a href="/how-h264-video-compression-works/">How H.264 actually works</a>. HEVC uses a more advanced picture/reference structure, but the practical idea remains that inter-frame compression trades some random-access simplicity for storage efficiency.

In VSDC or any other NLE, if a long-GOP source scrubs badly, first test hardware decoding. If the project is still uncomfortable, proxies are usually a more targeted solution than changing the source codec after the fact.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>AVL Editor</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/export-codecs/what-do-i-frames-p-frames-b-frames-and-gop-length-change-in-real-editing/#post-428</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		