<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									GoPro - Action Video Lab Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/</link>
            <description>Action Video Lab Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 03:36:44 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>connect my GoPro 13 to PC ASAP</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/connect-my-gopro-13-to-pc-asap/</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 25 Aug 2026 13:17:55 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;m trying to connect my GoPro 13 to my computer via a USB cable, but the computer can&#039;t see the file system with the camera&#039;s video folders. What&#039;s wrong? Maybe I need to enable a certain m...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I'm trying to connect my GoPro 13 to my computer via a USB cable, but the computer can't see the file system with the camera's video folders. What's wrong? Maybe I need to enable a certain mode on the camera?</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/">GoPro</category>                        <dc:creator>nikkk87</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/connect-my-gopro-13-to-pc-asap/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>GoPro GPS, Telemetry and Editing: Start Here</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/gopro-gps-telemetry-and-editing-start-here/</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 11 Aug 2026 15:12:46 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[If you record GoPro footage and want to use speed, route, elevation or other telemetry later, the most important rule is simple: keep the original camera files until the project is finished....]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>If you record GoPro footage and want to use speed, route, elevation or other telemetry later, the most important rule is simple: <strong>keep the original camera files until the project is finished</strong>. A converted video can look identical while no longer carrying the auxiliary metadata you planned to use.</p>

<h3>1. Check telemetry at capture time</h3>
<p>For models and recording modes that support GPS, make sure GPS is enabled and give the camera time to obtain a good satellite lock before the important part of the recording. A file may contain a telemetry stream but still have weak or incomplete samples if the signal was poor. When a route or gauge looks wrong, first determine whether the problem already exists in the source data or was introduced later by the editing workflow.</p>

<h3>2. Treat the original MP4 as the archive master</h3>
<p>For telemetry work, the original GoPro MP4 is more than a picture-and-sound file. GoPro uses GPMF metadata for sensor information, and supported third-party tools can read that data for overlays and analysis. Do not delete the originals just because a proxy, transcode or social-media export plays correctly.</p>

<ul>
<li>Archive the original camera files.</li>
<li>Keep chaptered files from long recordings together.</li>
<li>Do not assume a generic transcode or remux preserves every metadata stream.</li>
<li>Verify telemetry after any conversion step before processing an entire trip.</li>
</ul>

<h3>3. Separate a fixed sync offset from real drift</h3>
<p>If a speedometer is wrong by the same amount throughout a clip, you probably have a timing offset. If the error becomes larger as the clip continues, investigate timestamp interpretation, frame-rate conversion or another step that changed the relationship between media time and telemetry time.</p>

<p>Trimming can also create confusion. If the video is shortened but the telemetry is still treated as if the original clip begins at zero, the overlay may appear consistently early or late. Speed ramps, freeze frames and reverse playback are more complex because the relationship between source time and timeline time is no longer one-to-one.</p>

<h3>4. Decide whether you want a quick sticker or an editable telemetry workflow</h3>
<p>For a short social clip, a camera-vendor application may be the fastest solution. For a longer edit, it is usually better to keep telemetry editable for as long as possible. That lets you change units, layout, color, route-map size and which values are visible without re-rendering the camera footage first.</p>

<h3>5. Preserve telemetry when using proxies</h3>
<p>A proxy should make editing lighter; it should not become your archive master. Keep the project connected to the original source for final output and telemetry-dependent operations. If your editor supports a proxy workflow, test one representative clip before applying it to a large project.</p>

<h3>6. What to include when asking for help</h3>
<p>When posting a GoPro telemetry question on Action Video Lab, include the camera model, recording mode, firmware version if known, whether GPS was enabled, the editor or telemetry tool, whether the file was converted, and whether the problem is a fixed offset, gradual drift or completely missing data. A short sample description is often more useful than a screenshot of a gauge alone.</p>

<p><strong>Action Video Lab testing principle:</strong> we compare telemetry workflows by total friction — number of steps, extra utilities, synchronization effort, editability after trimming, styling flexibility and final export quality — not simply by whether an application can display one speed value.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/">GoPro</category>                        <dc:creator>AVL Editor</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/gopro-gps-telemetry-and-editing-start-here/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Can a GoPro speed overlay be shown in knots instead of mph or km/h?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/can-a-gopro-speed-overlay-be-shown-in-knots-instead-of-mph-or-km-h/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 27 Jul 2026 17:49:10 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[For sailing footage I want speed in knots, not road units. I can live with converting the numbers, but I would prefer a gauge that displays knots directly.

Has anyone found a clean workflow...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[For sailing footage I want speed in knots, not road units. I can live with converting the numbers, but I would prefer a gauge that displays knots directly.

Has anyone found a clean workflow for this?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/">GoPro</category>                        <dc:creator>MotoRide</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/can-a-gopro-speed-overlay-be-shown-in-knots-instead-of-mph-or-km-h/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Joining split GoPro chapters without losing telemetry</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/joining-split-gopro-chapters-without-losing-telemetry/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 27 Jul 2026 12:16:52 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Long recordings arrive as multiple camera files. I want one continuous edit, but I also want to preserve the original GPS/IMU data for overlays later.

What should I avoid when joining or co...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Long recordings arrive as multiple camera files. I want one continuous edit, but I also want to preserve the original GPS/IMU data for overlays later.

What should I avoid when joining or converting the chapter files?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/">GoPro</category>                        <dc:creator>Edit Workflow</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/joining-split-gopro-chapters-without-losing-telemetry/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>QuickCapture and GPS lock: should I wait before recording?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/quickcapture-and-gps-lock-should-i-wait-before-recording/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 27 Jul 2026 06:44:34 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[When I use the camera for short trail clips I normally start recording immediately. A few clips later have little or no usable location data.

For rides where telemetry matters, is it better...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[When I use the camera for short trail clips I normally start recording immediately. A few clips later have little or no usable location data.

For rides where telemetry matters, is it better to power the camera on first and wait for a GPS lock before pressing record?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/">GoPro</category>                        <dc:creator>TrailCam</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/quickcapture-and-gps-lock-should-i-wait-before-recording/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Why does my GPS gauge drift out of sync after trimming a ride video?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/why-does-my-gps-gauge-drift-out-of-sync-after-trimming-a-ride-video/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 27 Jul 2026 01:12:16 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I trimmed several minutes from the beginning of a motorcycle clip and then added a speed gauge. The gauge starts close to correct but gradually looks wrong compared with the road speed.

Is ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I trimmed several minutes from the beginning of a motorcycle clip and then added a speed gauge. The gauge starts close to correct but gradually looks wrong compared with the road speed.

Is this usually a GPS problem, a frame-rate problem, or an editing-timeline problem?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/">GoPro</category>                        <dc:creator>MotoRide</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/why-does-my-gps-gauge-drift-out-of-sync-after-trimming-a-ride-video/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>GPS data is in the GoPro file, but the speed overlay is missing</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/gps-data-is-in-the-gopro-file-but-the-speed-overlay-is-missing/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 25 Jul 2026 19:39:58 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I have a clip where the route information appears to be present, but I cannot get a useful speed overlay in my normal editing workflow. I would rather avoid exporting a separate GPX file if ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I have a clip where the route information appears to be present, but I cannot get a useful speed overlay in my normal editing workflow. I would rather avoid exporting a separate GPX file if the telemetry is already stored with the video.

What is the cleanest workflow for keeping the original video and using the embedded GPS data?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/">GoPro</category>                        <dc:creator>TrailCam</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/gps-data-is-in-the-gopro-file-but-the-speed-overlay-is-missing/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>120 fps vs 240 fps for mountain biking: when does slow motion start hurting image quality?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/120-fps-vs-240-fps-for-mountain-biking-when-does-slow-motion-start-hurting-image-quality/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 16 Jul 2026 15:18:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I love slow motion for jumps and rough sections, but 240 fps footage from an action camera often looks noticeably worse than my normal-speed clips, especially in the woods.

Is 240 fps somet...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I love slow motion for jumps and rough sections, but 240 fps footage from an action camera often looks noticeably worse than my normal-speed clips, especially in the woods.

Is 240 fps something you reserve for bright daylight? Would 120 fps usually be the better compromise for mountain biking?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/">GoPro</category>                        <dc:creator>BikeCam</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/120-fps-vs-240-fps-for-mountain-biking-when-does-slow-motion-start-hurting-image-quality/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>For action-camera videos, is 5.3K actually worth it if the final upload is 1080p or 4K?</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/for-action-camera-videos-is-5-3k-actually-worth-it-if-the-final-upload-is-1080p-or-4k/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 13 Jul 2026 07:52:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I keep defaulting to the highest resolution because it feels wrong to leave image quality on the table. But 5.3K makes the files bigger and editing slower.

For skiing and hiking videos that...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I keep defaulting to the highest resolution because it feels wrong to leave image quality on the table. But 5.3K makes the files bigger and editing slower.

For skiing and hiking videos that end up on YouTube in 1080p or 4K, when does shooting 5.3K actually give a visible advantage and when is it just extra storage?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/">GoPro</category>                        <dc:creator>SnowCam</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/for-action-camera-videos-is-5-3k-actually-worth-it-if-the-final-upload-is-1080p-or-4k/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Best way to compare GoPro telemetry tools without favoring one editor</title>
                        <link>https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/best-way-to-compare-gopro-telemetry-tools-without-favoring-one-editor/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 10 Jul 2026 04:42:58 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I want to compare several editors for a travel workflow. Some have direct telemetry support, others need an extraction tool or plugin.

What should the scoring criteria be so this is actuall...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I want to compare several editors for a travel workflow. Some have direct telemetry support, others need an extraction tool or plugin.

What should the scoring criteria be so this is actually fair?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/">GoPro</category>                        <dc:creator>RoadTrip</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://actionvideolab.com/community/gopro/best-way-to-compare-gopro-telemetry-tools-without-favoring-one-editor/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		